Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pavan1
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI API's

Hi All,

I have a requirement to build dashboard for the client using Power BI Desktop but it's have some limitation's to meet the requirement for the developement of that dashBoard.

Can we build the Reports using Programatically using Java Script API or REST API's without using Desktop?

I have lot of confusion between the Microsoft Power BI components, can any one suggest using Programatic Developement path for Power BI Reports.

Regards,

J Pavan

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@pavan1

The JAVA Script API and REST API are for embedding reports in your applications.

As to create reports, so far there's no Programatically way, at this moment, you can either

1. Create reports in Power BI Desktop.
  2. Create reports in Power BI service UI. 

You can check this idea Power BI Designer API and vote it up.

By the way, may I know what is your scenario? As using UI to develop a report is straightforward and efficient.

Hi Zhan,

Our DashBoard requriement having sliders and Actions between reports. I did some Research that facility is not there in Desktop and POWER BI Service UI level also. For this requirement only looking for programmatic developement of POWER BI DashBoard.

Regards,

J Pavan

@pavan1 wrote:

Hi Zhan,

Our DashBoard requriement having sliders and Actions between reports. I did some Research that facility is not there in Desktop and POWER BI Service UI level also. For this requirement only looking for programmatic developement of POWER BI DashBoard.

Regards,

J Pavan

@pavan1

Slicer is not allowed to pin to a dashboard unless within a live page. And at this moment, there's no interactions among tiles in a dashboard. Even in future some programmatically developing reports feature/API is provided, I'd doubt you can achieve your goal. May I know the necessity of adding a slicer and interaction in a dashboard? What is the final goal you'd like to get?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.