Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AdityaG
Helper I
Helper I

Migrating data from Power BI to particular Excel sheet to transform the data

Hi all,

Not sure if I'm asking on the right forum, but I had a query.

I want to get Excel data into Power BI and then send it to another Excel, which then gets processed in the Excel itself. The processed data is then fed into the same Power BI (or different if not possible).

Eg: Input data Excel -> Power BI -> Processed data Excel -> Power BI

If Input data changes annually, the user can simply load the updated Input data. The user then refreshes the Power BI and in this process, the Input data gets exported to another Excel (Processed data Excel), where through formulas and stuff, the Input data gets processed into a more refined table. This table then gets pulled into the Power BI, where the rest of the transformation takes place.

The idea behind this is that the user doesn't have to open Excel and can only directly communicate with Power BI only.

Let me know if it's possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdityaG ,

1. Input data Excel -> Power BI

Power BI support us to get data from excel directly.

2. Power BI -> Processed data Excel 

As far as I know, currently we can export data from visual to excel/analysis in excel on Power BI Service or connect to live Power BI dataset in excel. All of them are not good choice to prepare for the new data source.

Here I suggest you to try to create a dataflow by this dataset on Power BI Service. 

Then use this dataflow as data source in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdityaG ,

1. Input data Excel -> Power BI

Power BI support us to get data from excel directly.

2. Power BI -> Processed data Excel 

As far as I know, currently we can export data from visual to excel/analysis in excel on Power BI Service or connect to live Power BI dataset in excel. All of them are not good choice to prepare for the new data source.

Here I suggest you to try to create a dataflow by this dataset on Power BI Service. 

Then use this dataflow as data source in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.