Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chanakah
Frequent Visitor

Measure for calculating work capacity

I have a Power BI report. In that I need to calculate the 'remaining work capacity' for each date as below.

1. I have a measure that gives 'total remaining work hours', say 500 hours.
2. I have another measure that gives 'max capacity' per day, say 16 hours
3. The 'remaining work capacity' for first 10 days will be equal to 'max capacity'. 16 hours in this case.
4. The 'remaining work capacity' for the next 10 days should be 90% of the 'max capacity'. That is 14.4 hours in this case.
5. The 'remaining work capacity' for the next 10 days should be 90% from the previous calculated 'remaining work capacity. 12.96 hours in this case.
6. Likewise, in each 10 days I need to reduce 10% from the previously calculated 'remaining work capacity'
7. 'remaining work capacity' should set to zero, when the summation of the 'remaining work capacity' reached 'total remaining work hours' (500 hours in this case).

Please guide me to create a measure for calculating 'remaining work capacity'. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thank you for your sugestions. I was able to solve the issue using POWER function. Also here I am using GENERATESERIES function for getting total work hours calculated upto given date. 
My measure logic is as below

chanakah_0-1685602513922.png

Best regards,

Chanaka H

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chanakah ,

You can refer the following links to get it:

Solved: Re: Previous Row Calculation including last calcul... - Microsoft Fabric Community

vyiruanmsft_1-1685502504579.png

Solved: Recursive calculation - Microsoft Fabric Community

vyiruanmsft_0-1685501855001.png

Previous Value (“Recursion”) in DAX – Greg Deckler

If the above one can't help you, please provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following links to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thank you for your sugestions. I was able to solve the issue using POWER function. Also here I am using GENERATESERIES function for getting total work hours calculated upto given date. 
My measure logic is as below

chanakah_0-1685602513922.png

Best regards,

Chanaka H

Hi @chanakah ,

It's glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. And thanks a lot for sharing your solution here. Could you please mark your post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors