Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vsb
Frequent Visitor

Issue with refresh in PowerBI Service with Egnyte Connector

Hi,

I have been getting the error shown in the screenshot below from a few days . The datasource are excel and csv files using Egnyte connector. The report was refreshing fine until few days ago but recently have had issues saying "Authentication problem".

vsb_0-1672334837788.png

I scheduled an auto refresh which was working fine. But, recently, auto refresh nor manual refresh works and I get the Authentication problem error message.

Appreciate inputs on how to resolve this.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
sanoopSuresh

Hi , 
Were you able to find a solution for this error ? 
I think am facing the same issue too. The entire refresh completes fine in the PBI desktop but throws Authentication problem error in service . 
My gateway is up to date and the privacy levels are same on both Desktop and Service. 

Hi @sanoopSuresh sanoopSuresh,

Please check what kind of Egnyte connector is placed in the folder path mentioned in the Egnyte connector setu up instructions.

vsb_0-1673620947719.png

When I initially set it up, it was .mez file and now the Egnyte Connector instructions is showing .pqx file. I have requested my admin to place the .pqx file in the folder path. The report which I originally had an issue with started refreshing after doing this. May be this could resolve the issue. 

But, for me, while trying to resolve the issue, I republished the same report with a different name following the same process and it's not refreshing while the one which was having the issue is auto refreshing fine  after I did the above. 

So, I will have to wait until few more days to know if this issue is resolved.

Hope that helps.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vsb ,

Please try:

• Datasets --> (Choose you Datasets which does not update properly) --> settings --> Gateway Connection --> Actions --> (expand you cluster to show all Data Sources) --> (Choose relevant Datasource) --> Advanced Settings --> Privacy setting --> set same level (e.g. „Organizational) as in Power BI Desktop
  • Check the version of your gateway and make sure it has the latest version installed at all times.
  • Clear your browser's cache and reset your credentials

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.