Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

StevePBI
Frequent Visitor

Identifying Visuals and DAX Queries Causing Spikes in CU% Using Fabric Premium Capacity App

• I'm using the new Fabric Premium Capacity App to monitor our Premium Capacity tenant. Recently, I noticed a significant spike in Capacity Units (CU%), which I've traced to interactive queries. (see screenshot below).
  • From the "CU% over time" visual in the report, I could drill down to see the specific report/dataset causing the overload.
  • I can see for example, a single query consumed 49% of our P2 capacity for an hour before failing (see screenshot).
  • I've identified the Report/Dataset and user from the "Interactive operations for Timerange" table (see screenshot ).
  • I now need to pinpoint the exact visual and DAX query responsible for this spike. This information is key for investigating and optimizing the DAX query.
  • QUESTION : Is there a way to directly identify the problematic visual and DAX query from within the Fabric Premium Capacity Reporting tools? 
  • I am aware the "Performance Analyser" tool inside Power BI Desktop could do this, but also requires downloading the PBIX from the service, and sequentially running the analyser on each report page. 

_PowerBI_forum_question.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StevePBI ,

Please review the following documentation and check if that is what you want.

Learn about Direct Lake in Power BI and Microsoft Fabric - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hmm. Not sure what the relevance of Fabric DL is to this question (on the Capacity Metrics App). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.