Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arpost
Post Patron
Post Patron

Help Appreciated! Need assistance with Pipeline calls using REST API

Howdy, PBI Community! I am trying to set up a Power Automate custom connector to use for Rest APIs and can successfully run API calls like Get Dataflows with my current setup, but I always get a 401 error when trying to use the Pipeline APIs. About ready to pull my hair out and hope someone can help me. 😃

I'm trying to use the Get Pipeline and Get Pipeline Operations calls.

arpost_1-1665149982642.png

Here's the configuration in Azure:

arpost_0-1665149099061.png

Here's the custom connector configuration:

arpost_0-1665149815195.png

8 REPLIES 8
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you successfully run some of the more mature calls like workspaces?  The Pipeline calls are very new and likely stilll buggy.

Good question. I can use some of the other calls, so I guess the next question would be: has anyone successfully used the Get Pipeline call with an app registration?

Hey @arpost ,

I can see deployment pipelines 

Watsky_0-1666106677324.png

Watsky_1-1666106844197.png

What happens if you use the Try It button on the Get Pipelines page? 

Watsky_2-1666106875424.png

Are you using a service account? 

What happens when you try doing the Admin version?

GET https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/admin/pipelines

Admin - Pipelines GetPipelinesAsAdmin - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Watsky, how are you pulling all pipeline operations using the PBI template, I use SPN which has admin privileges, but API is failing with pipeline access denied error.

Thanks,

Mahi

Thanks for the reply, @Watsky! Good question. I am also getting a 401 when trying to use the Admin API you linked. Anything pertaining to pipelines fail for me despite the fact that I am an admin.

When I use the Try it! feature, I get a response as expected, which suggests to me there's a problem with the app registration in Azure. But I can't figure out what it would be since (1) other API calls using that app reg. work just fine (e.g., Get Groups, Get Dataflows) and (2) I have enabled all permissions pertaining to Pipelines (except Deploy) as instructed by MS doc.

arpost_0-1667309161992.png

Very frustrating!

Check your auth token with jwt.io - might be a missing scope.

Thanks for the reply, @lbendlin. With MS custom connectors, they manage the tokens; I just provide some of the details for the app reg; the scope I am using is openid.

arpost_0-1667311646102.png

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors