Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Datasource Credentials update method

Hi Team,

Need help to update authentication method using Oauth2 credentails for service principal. Basic is working as expected when i try to Oauth2 getting error

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Team,

can you please help on this issuee. i 'm struck on this. Shall we shedule call also fine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pratheeban15_0-1649657109783.png

Hi Team,

Please find the above screenshot, I'm using power BI module to deploy the reports and datasets update using service principal. 

Get power Bi access token and using rest API to deploy the Oauth2 authentication.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure Synapse DB we are connecting

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What data source is your report connected to? After changed to OAUTH2 authentication method, does the report work properly inside Power BI Service? Are you trying to embed the report for the customers? Could you please share the screenshot with the error message? Thank you.

PowerBI Embedded with a Service Principal Account

How to configure service principal for a data source on Service

Migrating master user to service principal for authentication on power bi embedded

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.