Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

datamonitrix
Regular Visitor

Embedded Timezone issue

I have 4 embedded dashboards in a @Blazor app, the app is hosted in Azure and the Dashboards are in PowerBI I have an A1 embedded service and we are paying almost 1000€ a month. Our @blazor App is a multi-tenant App so different customers of ours have access via Login to their private data, the dashboards are loading with JS filters with no issue. however, our customers are spread all over the world. our App is an IoT Water monitoring system and all water sensors are set to report in UTC, but we need to display the data in the customer's local time. Not an issue when there is a single last report date (I have a DAX function to handle that), the issue is when I need to add a date series to a line chart with hundreds of readings, there is no way to convert this to local time using DAX and there is no way to apply any locale or timezone logic since the powerBI service is in the cloud and our app renders the page also in the cloud the local is set by the rendering server and not by the client's browser. 
Any idea?  

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

" the locale is set by the rendering server and not by the client's browser. "

Not according to the doumentation.  The client's browser settings override the Powr BI service settings. Supposedly.

Thanks Ibendlin,

I think that is not what happens when embedded. my supposition is that when it is embedded the embedding is being pre-rendered in the server, the iFarme is loaded in the server and getting locales set at this time and forwarded to the client. I am not being able to have the client's locale work with nothing I have done.

HI @datamonitrix,

For the language and report UI parts, they should be recognized and rendered by client user locale settings.

Notice, these analysis steps do not include timezone transform, power bi service will clean up the timezone to convert these DateTime values to UTC format. 

If you want to keep DateTime values with locale, I'd like to suggest you create a calculated column in your table to manually calculate fixed DateTime values based on specific date timezone offset. (power bi service convert to UTC steps will be balanced by these offsets)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try your solution but I think that this will not work, I have multiple tenants in different countries and TZ's column could be calculated for a specific country but would not be dynamic to all different timezones. 

Thanks
Ian

HI @datamonitrix,

Ok, perhaps you can try to submit an idea to add features to support this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.