Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

VR15

Custom Visual

Hi,

I came across a visual (image below) with an interesting feature , which allows you to hover on any chart and simultaneously enables the other graph's tooltip.

VR15_0-1720631951637.png

Can this be developed for power BI,if so can anyone please walk me through the process.

Many thanks

Veer

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @VR15 ,

Are you referring to the fact that hovering the mouse over a visual will show data points corresponding to other visuals, you might consider using tooltips.

Create report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyangliumsft_0-1720764893096.png

If you want to develop custom visual objects to see the detailed guide, you can refer to the official documentation:

Develop custom visuals in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liu,

Thanks for your response.

This is not what im referring to.

Please check the following link

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/GTLS/chart-industries/debt-equity-ratio

VR15_0-1720801160730.png

See arrows above in red, as you hover the cursor along a data point on anyone of the chart,simultaneously the 3 tool tips will be enabled showing the corresponding values for each parameter (Debt,Equity and the ratio) at a particular pint in time.

It seems that the 3 graph are connected or synchronize with each other.I'm not sure though.

Hope all clear and you can assist.

Let me know.

Thanks

Veer

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.