Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tkb7117
Frequent Visitor

Checkbox or in visual table row selection

hi i have researched but have not found a suitable solution. I have a table visual - row level detail, i want to be able to select or multi select rows in this table and push it a second table visual on the same tab in the power bi tab. 

In the absence of a check box capability ( i believe this is not enabled yet) is there ; 

1- a dax work around - along the lines of if selected identify as 1 and in the second table i can put a filter on this indicator to populate the 2nd visual ( i would want to be able clear after each user) 

2 - a work around using another visual , filter functionality that will work in a table visual. 

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tkb7117 ,

Please make sure whether row level details are in one column. Are columns in table visual1 and table visual2 from the same table? If yes, you can filter visual2 by visual1 directly.

For reference:

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

You can use Ctrl + left click to multiple select values from table visual1.

If columns in table visual1 and table visual2 are not from the same table. You can try to create a relationship between two tables. Or create a measure as you mentioned above. Try to catch multiple values by VALUES function. 

i would want to be able clear after each user

As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to clear filter automaticlly.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tkb7117 ,

Please make sure whether row level details are in one column. Are columns in table visual1 and table visual2 from the same table? If yes, you can filter visual2 by visual1 directly.

For reference:

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

You can use Ctrl + left click to multiple select values from table visual1.

If columns in table visual1 and table visual2 are not from the same table. You can try to create a relationship between two tables. Or create a measure as you mentioned above. Try to catch multiple values by VALUES function. 

i would want to be able clear after each user

As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to clear filter automaticlly.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors