Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jacquelineq
Helper I
Helper I

stacked column chart

Hi all, I'm trying to replicate this stacked column chart in Power BI Desktop. Is this possible?

chart.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure it is:

Result.png

If you prefer to restrict the use of the drill/expand options to users, you can turn them off in the formatting pane (even though you will still see the icons in Desktop, they will not be visible once you uoload the report to the service).

icons.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jacquelineq
Helper I
Helper I

Yes, I've tried the stacked 100% column chart. However, the chart only displays the school information. It doesn't show the year (i.e. 2019, 2020, 2021) in the image above.

Image 4.png

You need to add the Year field to the x-axis and drill down to the lowest level. If you select the visual, you will see an icon with a line branching into 2 arrows on the top right of the visual. Select it.

Paul on Linkedin.

thanks.. yes, I tried that but I would prefer it to be shown upfront as per the image above.. am I right to say that it is not achievable in Power BI?

Sure it is:

Result.png

If you prefer to restrict the use of the drill/expand options to users, you can turn them off in the formatting pane (even though you will still see the icons in Desktop, they will not be visible once you uoload the report to the service).

icons.png

Paul on Linkedin.

Joelraj08
Advocate II
Advocate II

use 100% stacked column chart in power Bi

komald
Helper I
Helper I

@jacquelineq , yes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.