Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elseoutzen
Regular Visitor

refresh keeps failing

Hi.

After latest update to desktop version 2.112.603.0 - Dec 22 when I do manually refresh, it keeps failing. 

It is not possible to see the reason, as the "normal" error information window appears in a short glimt and closes before I manage to read it.  (My scheduled refresh runs without issues) 

Anyone know why and what to do?

Thank you for any advice.

Best Regards Else Outzen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @elseoutzen ,

If the data source of your report are Azure or Sharepoint, the on-premise data gateway is not required. And the data will be sync with the data source. You can find the details in the following official documentation.

Power BI data sources

Whether only some one specific report has the manual refresh problem? Or all of your reports has the similar problem? If someone else refresh the same report with you by manual, if she/he will get the same problem? Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elseoutzen ,

I can't reproduce your problem when I refreshed the report manually in Power BI Desktop with the latest version(Version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (December 2022)). To make a deep troubleshooting and give you a suitable solution, could you please provide the following necessary information? Thank you.

• Whether your problem still persist?
  • What's the data source of your report?
  • Whether the data be updated to the latest one after manually refresh? Even though you got a "short" error window... 

yingyinr_0-1672713416485.pngBest Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi.Thanks for your reply .

The issue still exisits. 

My Datas sources are mixed  . some from Azure - some fro  share pint. Howrever it is regardless whitch of my reports I refresh (with variable datacsources) , the issue is the same 

No data was updated after manually refresh

Best 

Else

Hi @elseoutzen ,

If the data source of your report are Azure or Sharepoint, the on-premise data gateway is not required. And the data will be sync with the data source. You can find the details in the following official documentation.

Power BI data sources

Whether only some one specific report has the manual refresh problem? Or all of your reports has the similar problem? If someone else refresh the same report with you by manual, if she/he will get the same problem? Thank you.

Best Regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@elseoutzen , Open power query and check for any issue, refresh preview if needed

Load tables one by one and check for issue.

Check someone else reported the same or Log a new issue if needed - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

thank you all 

Thanks for the advice , I will report it .

Best Else

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.