Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

how to attach pbix file in this forum?

Hi, Is there a way to attach the .pbix file in this forum? I do not see that option while creating new thread or while replying to existing thread. it becomes very difficult if someone wants to help me but i am not able to attach the file. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Prashant-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ppgandhi11,

For some new community members, they don't have the permission to upload .pbix files. You may need to share file links via DropBox, One Drive, Drive or any other tool.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
tina345
Helper II
Helper II

This is really frustrating.

People ask to upload data set or file but there is no option to do so.

At least I can't see that option.

E12345
Resolver II
Resolver II

Same for me. It is very frustrating. 

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

There is no option to attach files as of today like you have in Tableau. Your point is valid, adding the Community manager  @Natalie_iTalent ,she may take this request to the concerned department

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

mohassan99
Helper II
Helper II

If is is not possible to do so when you are a new user it should not be suggested in "how to get your question answered quickly". Why would 'some' new users be able to include their file with other new users can't? 

MikeBresnan
Helper I
Helper I

it wont even let me insert a table, i get an html error in which nothing is highlighted to correct.

rmcpdias
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here is my Power Bi file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmzyDwofiLHinFExd83TORK8CVq3?e=VBfA72

As you can see, none of those soluctions work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

his is such a shame not been able to attach a file here. 😞

Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

Yes even i don't have option to upload the file.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ppgandhi11,

For some new community members, they don't have the permission to upload .pbix files. You may need to share file links via DropBox, One Drive, Drive or any other tool.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's very frustrating not to be able to upload pibx file.

What is the rank to achieve to do so ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really bad. There are multiple cases where we need to upload a file to better explain the situation and we dont have options to open external cloud storage to access for uploading.

Thank you for your response. It will pose serious restriction as we move along. Is there a contact on this forum that I can bring it to admins attention about this? Possibly they can help.

Any contact info for admin to report this? Thanks!

Admin - if you read this, can you please look into it? I want to be able to to attach pbix file in the group where others can possibly help me with the power bi issues. Thanks.

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ppgandhi11

Hi, you can upload the file to DropBox, One Drive, Drive or another similar and publish the link.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my work place does not allow file sharing using one drive or Dropbox etc . Those websites are blocked for me. Isn’t there anyway to share the file using this forum?? Tableau allows file attaching options. Power BI doesn’t?? Seem to be a pretty basic feature. It’s very hard to keep sending screen shots and formulas that I am using. In one of the threads I saw that in some cases there does exist attach file option. Don’t know how to avail that. Please advise.
ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

I tried IE and chrome both. Also I tried all the 3 tabs above. Rich Text, HTML and Preview. I don't see Attach file option anywhere.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.