Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ahumke
Helper I
Helper I

help with a work around solution? Maybe DAX table in report?

I have a YOY measure using DAX with a filter for year to select only one year for a bullet chart KPI.  It will display fine in a table but in the bullet chart it seems to ignore the year filter.  I submitted the issue to Microsoft but in the mean time, I am looking for a work around.  I was thinking possibly a DAX table that includes only the 2018 year I want to display could work but I haven't been able to get DAX syntax to work in this fashion.  Open to any ideas.

Sample Dashboard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Follow up - I was able to fix this by creating a DAX date table.  Then I had to create a new field in the DAX table that was derived with a string formation of the date - "1/1/" & [Year].  Then that has to be converted to a date form.  For some reason that is the only version of the field that plays well with the bullet chart.  I did try that same process within my original data table but it wasn't working (I think because it wasn't continuous - but also because the heirarchy kept automatically getting put on it).  Sorry I don't really understand why this worked or why it was necessary - but it is resolved for now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahumke

How do you structure your dataset?

Which columns do you add to the bullet chart?

Best Regards

Maggie

Here are links to the files:

Excel

PBIX

The bullet chart has a catgory of 'Program Title', then the YOYComletions measure - there are two but neither works.  One of them simply makes it so "Infinity" doesn't display.  Then the other fields are markers to drive the color change.  

Follow up - I was able to fix this by creating a DAX date table.  Then I had to create a new field in the DAX table that was derived with a string formation of the date - "1/1/" & [Year].  Then that has to be converted to a date form.  For some reason that is the only version of the field that plays well with the bullet chart.  I did try that same process within my original data table but it wasn't working (I think because it wasn't continuous - but also because the heirarchy kept automatically getting put on it).  Sorry I don't really understand why this worked or why it was necessary - but it is resolved for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.