Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

bar chart suggestion to show zero values

Hi, 

I am trying to display category wise price trend over time, I have two distinct categories for which price can be zero: one when the product is unavailable, second when the product is none (don't bother about the logic behind it). Right now i don't have a way to distinguish between these two categories in the column chart, what do you guys suggest I do? 

Thankpower bi query.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

The circled values in Oct, Nov and Dec is zero, right? I'm afraid the chart visual in Power BI cannot display zero value like this.

1.PNG

As a workaround, you can show 0.000001 which approximately equals to 0 in a chart. For example, if your original measure is like: Measure =SUM ( Table[Value] )

Please modify it to:

Measure =IF ( SUM ( Table[Value] ) = BLANK ()0.00001SUM ( Table[Value] ) )

6.PNG

Remember to specify the End value of Y-axis.

7.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

How to you want to show zero values in a chart? Can you show us an example?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

something like this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 9.50.28 AM.png

Hi @Anonymous,

The circled values in Oct, Nov and Dec is zero, right? I'm afraid the chart visual in Power BI cannot display zero value like this.

1.PNG

As a workaround, you can show 0.000001 which approximately equals to 0 in a chart. For example, if your original measure is like: Measure =SUM ( Table[Value] )

Please modify it to:

Measure =IF ( SUM ( Table[Value] ) = BLANK ()0.00001SUM ( Table[Value] ) )

6.PNG

Remember to specify the End value of Y-axis.

7.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Thank you for that work-around on this! Was also wondering how could I show data with zero values because I want a complete 12-month x-axis reference.

If in case no one has shared this yet, the formula would also work if you entered the value "0" instead of "0.0001". I noticed that if you did this, then the data label would show "0" instead of "1.0-E".

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.