Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MStP
Helper I
Helper I

Yes/No Calculated Column or Measure Based on Running Percentage Measure

Hello All,

I want to create a calculated column or measure based on a running percentage measure. A sample file link is attached. The expected result is a column that identifies any vendor that has a value of =< 80% in the running percentage column and assigns a value of "YES" to that vendor in a new column. Any vendor that has a running percentage value of >80% gets assigned a value of "NO".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15m14GMW5a312fHtXG4JQkiUY9bqFTc7a/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
bhagyashrip22

Hello @MStP ,

Please find the below DAX measure for getting a calculated column which gives output of Yes/No based on your condition:

DAX measure (Yes/No) = IF[Sales percentage cumulate:] <= 0.8, "YES", "NO")

1.PNG

I hope this helps you. 

~ Happy Learning !!

If I answer your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
I accept Kudos :-), If you find my post helpful.

Hello @bhagyashrip22 

Your solution works. I have a follow-up issue in that when I try to add this measure to a different visual, PBI just spins its wheels.

So here is the visual that contains the running percentage and yes/no for all vendors queried:

MStP_0-1645045276849.png

When I attempt to add the Yes/No column to a different visual with a much smaller sub-set of vendors (from the same vendor table), PBI just thinks about it for a long time but the visual will not update.

MStP_1-1645045348789.png

The original vendor list is 1000+ vendors. This second visual contains perhaps 100. Can you tell me why this is happening based on this limited information? Both sets of vendors are from the same table - this table is referenced in the Running Percentage measure, so it seems there is no disconnection.

Thank you for your continued assistance!

Michael

Hi, @MStP 

The problem is that your measure is nested inside the measure, and you use a function such as allselected, which will cause the value of the measure to change dynamically according to the context. 

Obviously, we need an updated sample to judge, we don't know the data in your screenshot. 

If you can't give a sample, you can try to combine several measures into one measure, and then judge where the problem is by returning different variables step by step.

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.