Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TorsteinZahl
Frequent Visitor

XIRR with date table will not work properly

I have an issue with Star Modelling my XIRR Formula.. I can't simply get it to work.. I have tried and tried, so decided to ask here. 

My Fact data is:

TorsteinZahl_0-1645432376134.png

My Relationsship with dates are like this:

TorsteinZahl_1-1645432424627.png

Im trying to Calculate the formula XIRR per Quarter and with a Quarter slicer for futher calculations. 

My fact table dont have "first value" in minus like the XIRR formula needs. So I took a work around with this DAX in order to get PreviousQuarter Lastdate Value in to the table.

TorsteinZahl_3-1645432841355.png

And this is the Correct table for calculating XIRR!! I have an minus value to start and cashflow in pluss and value at end of period. 

However my XIRR woould not wtok... I tried this as my "best" failure. 

TorsteinZahl_4-1645432937054.png
TorsteinZahl_5-1645432946300.png

If anyone can help me with this XIRR problem I would be so thankfull!! 

Dont hesitate to ask 🙂 Links to files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1quE7m429GwhcSJEGJi5HdmeWHqeavuu-?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TorsteinZahl,

I think this should be related to your filter, one or more records have been filtered on your visual.
Then XIRR function will process the filtered records which include blank parts at 'value' and 'date' arguments. (these values should not be suitable for the function calculation)

Measure concatenate current 'Previous Quarter Value in Minus' and date field values:

1.png

Fixed measure formal with the condition and alternate results:

XIRR = 
VAR currDate =
    MAX ( fact_values[Date] )
VAR currPQ = [Previous Quarter Value in Minus]
RETURN
    IF (
        AND ( currPQ <> BLANK (), currDate <> BLANK () ),
        XIRR ( fact_values, [Previous Quarter Value in Minus], [Date] ,,BLANK())
    )

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TorsteinZahl,

I think this should be related to your filter, one or more records have been filtered on your visual.
Then XIRR function will process the filtered records which include blank parts at 'value' and 'date' arguments. (these values should not be suitable for the function calculation)

Measure concatenate current 'Previous Quarter Value in Minus' and date field values:

1.png

Fixed measure formal with the condition and alternate results:

XIRR = 
VAR currDate =
    MAX ( fact_values[Date] )
VAR currPQ = [Previous Quarter Value in Minus]
RETURN
    IF (
        AND ( currPQ <> BLANK (), currDate <> BLANK () ),
        XIRR ( fact_values, [Previous Quarter Value in Minus], [Date] ,,BLANK())
    )

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.