Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shreep1
Helper II
Helper II

X-axis labelling time intervals Line & Clustered Column Chart

@Amit@Greg , @tamerj1 , @lbendlin 

I have made a Line & Clustered Column Chart where my X-axis labels are timeclocks starting from 0, 1, 2, all the way to 23. However, when I add the Line & Clustered column chart, I can only see the labelling in the intervals of 0, 5, 10, 15 and 20 with in-between values missing. I tried to add the in between values by going under Format Your Visual and checking at Visual and General category. I found no way to edit the X-axis, I can change the color for the conditional formatting for each of the value 0, 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc..all the way to 23 but cannot add the in-between values in the X-axis. Can you please suggest how to fix this X-axis labelling issues?

shreep1_0-1680206472509.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Make the visual wider, or change the x axis type to categorical (NOTE: that will eliminate the gap). 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
shreep1
Helper II
Helper II

@lbendlin 

What do you mean by having another column with numeric hour values? Are you saying 1:00 pm should be represented as 13:00 PM and 5:00 pm be written as 17:00 PM and then sorting them or breaking the original Hour Column into Hour AM and Hour PM and including only the relevant values there and putting the newly created columns into X-axis having 2 X-axis and sorting them ?

shreep1
Helper II
Helper II

@lbendlin 

Thank you! This helps! Yes, after that I need to filter for the X-axis and sort the X-axis in ascending order. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Make the visual wider, or change the x axis type to categorical (NOTE: that will eliminate the gap). 

@lbendlin 

But if the X-axis is changed into AM and PM format using the DAX IF code, how do we sort the X-axis in a chronologial order from 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 2:00 am......11:00 pm? When we sort the X-axis in ascending order PowerBI reads like this:

shreep1_1-1680209345813.png

Looks like PowerBI reads only the number in ascending order ignoring the AM & PM. Do you know how to fix this issue?

Have another column with the numeric hour values. Sort your x axis column by that numeric column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.