Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aiplbonn
Regular Visitor

Why is my table not recognised as a date table?

Hey,

I have a table which contains all the data. I have marked the table as a date table, yet I can't use it as usual.
I don't have a date hierarchy where I can select day, month, quarter and year as usual.

I do not know what I am doing wrong.

2023-02-01 16_06_14-Rocket.Chat ip.labs.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

The auto-date features are an option in the report settings.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-auto-date-time 

It's possible it's switched off for this report.

You can handle this yourself if you want i.e. add your own Month, Day, Quarter fields and build your own hierarchy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aiplbonn
Regular Visitor

Ok i see the idea behind this function. Now i created the collums month, day, year by myself and its working mostly.

But all months are in a wrong order. How can i fix this ?

2023-02-01 16_51_01-new_overview - Power BI Desktop.png2023-02-01 16_51_08-new_overview - Power BI Desktop.png

Hi @aiplbonn ,

Because this column is a text type, it is sorted by default in character order. You can use the MONTH() function to get the month numbers and sort the [Month] column by the month number column.

Sort one column by another column in Power BI

Sort a Column with a Custom Order in Power BI

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

The auto-date features are an option in the report settings.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-auto-date-time 

It's possible it's switched off for this report.

You can handle this yourself if you want i.e. add your own Month, Day, Quarter fields and build your own hierarchy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.