Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NunoTrigo1986
Frequent Visitor

Why cant I create measures on my Pbi with datasource from postgres SQL for azure on direct query mod

Hi,

As the tittle says, I can not see the icon to create a measure when using data from postgresSQL on directquery mode?

how can I fix this ? 

NunoTrigo1986_0-1678269235988.pngNunoTrigo1986_1-1678269259070.png

According to available documentation it should be possible....

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @NunoTrigo1986 ,

I see the New Measure option at my end:

Pragati11_0-1678271235428.png

If I translate my screenshot to yours which is in a different language I don't understand; this should be the New Measure option:

Pragati11_1-1678271295506.png

Also to create a new measure - you can directly right-click on one of your tables and use New Measure to create a new one. You don't have to use the top ribbon everytime to create a new measure. I find this option very handy and easy.

Pragati11_2-1678271370212.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

There could be several reasons why you are unable to create measures in Power BI when using a PostgreSQL data source on direct query mode. Here are some possible solutions to try:

1. Ensure that your data source is set to DirectQuery mode: Check that the data source you are using is set to DirectQuery mode. To do this, go to "File" > "Options and settings" > "Options" > "DirectQuery" and make sure that "Allow DirectQuery" is selected.

2. Check that the data type of the field you want to use in the measure is compatible with DirectQuery mode: In DirectQuery mode, certain data types are not supported, such as text, ntext, image, and geography. If the field you want to use in your measure is one of these data types, you will need to convert it to a compatible data type before you can create a measure.

3. Check that your data model is valid: Ensure that your data model is valid by verifying that all tables and relationships are correctly defined. You can do this by going to "Data" > "Modeling" > "Manage relationships". If there are any errors, fix them before attempting to create measures.

4. Check that you have the necessary permissions: Make sure that you have the necessary permissions to create measures in Power BI. If you are working with a shared dataset, you may need to request permission from the dataset owner.

5. Check that you are using the latest version of Power BI: It is possible that the feature to create measures from a PostgreSQL data source on direct query mode may not be available in older versions of Power BI. Make sure that you are using the latest version of Power BI.

NunoTrigo1986
Frequent Visitor

Sorry that is true. my bad thanks for your help

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @NunoTrigo1986 ,

I see the New Measure option at my end:

Pragati11_0-1678271235428.png

If I translate my screenshot to yours which is in a different language I don't understand; this should be the New Measure option:

Pragati11_1-1678271295506.png

Also to create a new measure - you can directly right-click on one of your tables and use New Measure to create a new one. You don't have to use the top ribbon everytime to create a new measure. I find this option very handy and easy.

Pragati11_2-1678271370212.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.