Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EashwarBalaji
Resolver I
Resolver I

Parameter does not update automatically

There is a list MaxDate (2) (which is basically a table with one cell that calculates yesterday's date, which is converted into a list in order to be referred by the parameter as a query)

EashwarBalaji_0-1677680838462.png

The parameter which i need to update automatically is referring to the above list

EashwarBalaji_1-1677680940914.png

But as you see above, the current value is 13/02/2023, which was when i created this parameter and hasn't updated since, even when the MaxDate (2) list has updated to 28/02/2023.

Is there any possible way to update this parameter. I need not necessarily use this list/table, if there is any other way to update the parameter everyday automatically, I'm open to that solution as well.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EashwarBalaji
Resolver I
Resolver I

Instead of using a paramter, I just created a table with a single cell that calculates the yesterday's date using the formula: Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()),-1)

I then add this column to my original table, where I was initially using the parameter.
Now that column updates as the above created table updates (everytime i refresh)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
EashwarBalaji
Resolver I
Resolver I

Instead of using a paramter, I just created a table with a single cell that calculates the yesterday's date using the formula: Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()),-1)

I then add this column to my original table, where I was initially using the parameter.
Now that column updates as the above created table updates (everytime i refresh)

EashwarBalaji
Resolver I
Resolver I

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Needs more details. Is that an issue on Desktop only, or also in the service? Did you set up scheduled refresh in the service?  How often?

Its on Desktop, not on service.
Even on manual refresh, the parameter does not change

Please show the code for the MaxDate (2) query.

It doesn't accept a query in the parameter, it only accepts a list.
Anyway I found an alternate solution without using the parameter. Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.