Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jboyd170
Frequent Visitor

Using 'Forecasting' analytics in Desktop, how can I get the forecasted data in tabular form?

The forecasting function in 'analytics' creates a good graphic as shown below where I can hover over to see 'forecasted' value, upper bound amount and lower bound amounts.   I'd like to be able to access this 'forecasted' data in tabular form so that I can use the forecast data in other parts of my report or dashboard.  When I select back to a tabular visualization from line graphic, the forecasted data does not appear.   

For example, I'd like to complement the graphic below with a card that has the 'forecasted' sales for 3 months out, or a slider that lets me select a future date and see the forecasted sales for that date.   

Thanks for the help. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 3.39.08 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ahines
Advocate I
Advocate I

Have you tried exporting the data from the graph with the forecasts? That is what I have done before to access the forecasted data and brought it back into my Power BI file. 

Did I understand what you are trying to do correctly?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ahines
Advocate I
Advocate I

Have you tried exporting the data from the graph with the forecasts? That is what I have done before to access the forecasted data and brought it back into my Power BI file. 

Did I understand what you are trying to do correctly?

The solution works.  I was able to export the data to a CSV and load it back into PowerBI.  However, I was hoping there was an automated way to access the forecasted data to avoid export and re-loading.  

It would be preferable that the forecast data become part of the data model that I could access.  For example, I'd like to create a dashboard that shows the forecast sales line graph the rest of the year and also access key forecasted data for specific calendar dates like year-end and show in a 'card' on the same report.  That way, I can see the key forecasted data without hovering over the graphic.  

I agree. It would be nice if we were able to automatically access the forecasted data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.