Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mnassif
Regular Visitor

Unexpected SQLGetData StrLen_or_IndPtr value '-2

Hello everyone.

I am connecting to (Sybase) Advantage Server Database through ODBC. The connection works fine but when I try to open a table  I get the following error:

"Unexpected SQLGetData StrLen_or_IndPtr value '-2' " (PS: the complete text of the error is very long)

I get the same error when using the Get and Transform tool (Power Query) in Excel. However, when using the same ODBC connection I am able to run my queries from Powerpivot in Excel normally and they are working fine.

Thanks for the help. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mnassif,

Do you use 32bit or 64bit Power BI Desktop? What is the bitness of your ODBC driver?

Besides, in Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then connect to your data source and check the detailed logs in the traces folder. Also please help to post the detailed logs here.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.