Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mnassif
Regular Visitor

Unexpected SQLGetData StrLen_or_IndPtr value '-2

Hello everyone.

I am connecting to (Sybase) Advantage Server Database through ODBC. The connection works fine but when I try to open a table  I get the following error:

"Unexpected SQLGetData StrLen_or_IndPtr value '-2' " (PS: the complete text of the error is very long)

I get the same error when using the Get and Transform tool (Power Query) in Excel. However, when using the same ODBC connection I am able to run my queries from Powerpivot in Excel normally and they are working fine.

Thanks for the help. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mnassif,

Do you use 32bit or 64bit Power BI Desktop? What is the bitness of your ODBC driver?

Besides, in Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then connect to your data source and check the detailed logs in the traces folder. Also please help to post the detailed logs here.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.