Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LP280388
Resolver II
Resolver II

Unable to show Bookmarks option in the action bar

Hi Team,

I have an issue showing the Bookmarks option in the action bar in PowerBI services.  

I have added the below to the report embed url :  &actionBarEnabled=true&bookmarksPaneEnabled=true&personalBookmarksEnabled=true

However, the bookmarks shows on the right hand side instead of showing in the action bar itself.  and only "Report bookmark" is visible.  but not the "Personal Bookmark" which business is looking for.

Kindly help if i'm missing anything here to make the personal bookmark option available for the users.

LP280388_0-1658749658008.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LP280388 ,

According to your statement, I know you want to use personal bookmark in Power BI Embed. Please make sure which kind of Power BI Embed are you using, embed for customer or embed for organiztion.

This feature is disabled by default and is supported only for the embed for your organization (user owns data) solution.

To enable personal bookmarks in embedded reports for your organization:

1. Verify that your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) app has the UserState.ReadWrite.All permission.

2. Set the personalBookmarksEnabled property in the loadConfiguration settings, to true:

let config = {
        type: 'report',
        settings: {
            personalBookmarksEnabled: true
        }
    };

For reference:

Personal bookmarks

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LP280388 ,

According to your statement, I know you want to use personal bookmark in Power BI Embed. Please make sure which kind of Power BI Embed are you using, embed for customer or embed for organiztion.

This feature is disabled by default and is supported only for the embed for your organization (user owns data) solution.

To enable personal bookmarks in embedded reports for your organization:

1. Verify that your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) app has the UserState.ReadWrite.All permission.

2. Set the personalBookmarksEnabled property in the loadConfiguration settings, to true:

let config = {
        type: 'report',
        settings: {
            personalBookmarksEnabled: true
        }
    };

For reference:

Personal bookmarks

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rzhou-msft thank you very much.

Would you mind sharing the steps on where to go and how to do the below: 

Hi I was wondering if you were ever able to find out where to set the UserState.ReadWrite.All permission? I can't seem to find any apps in out Azure AD that control this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.