Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to refresh dataset in pbi service for azure devops datasource

Whenever I try to refresh a dataset in service via MS PowerAutomate, I get error - You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh. My source is simply through Azure DevOps which I suppose is supported in PBI service.

ex:

source = OData.Feed(https://org-name.analytics.visualstudio.com/projectname/$filter=.....)

The exact query I am using is:

source = OData.Feed("https://{org name}.analytics.visualstudio.com/{project name}/_odata/WorkItemSnapshot?$filter=WorkItemType eq %27User Story%27 and DateValue ge 2021-01-14 and Release eq %271.0%27&$select=DateValue, WorkItemId, State, StoryPoints")

When I refresh this dataset in PBI service, which was captured and saved in PBI desktop file, I get dynamic dataset not supported error. 

Any information on how to schedule automatic refresh in service for this sort of data source is highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

There are several blog posts on how to work around this problem.

Web.Contents(), M Functions And Dataset Refresh Errors In Power BI

Dynamic Web.Contents() and Power BI Refresh Errors

Using The “Skip Test Connection” Option For Power BI Data Sources To Avoid Scheduled Refresh Failure...

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

There are several blog posts on how to work around this problem.

Web.Contents(), M Functions And Dataset Refresh Errors In Power BI

Dynamic Web.Contents() and Power BI Refresh Errors

Using The “Skip Test Connection” Option For Power BI Data Sources To Avoid Scheduled Refresh Failure...

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I do got it resolved myself by using VSTS.Contents method and tweaking my pbix file a little bit. It did not seem to work in first attempt but after modifying pbix file did resolve my problem.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.