Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PradipMCT
Resolver II
Resolver II

Unable to load the data in PowerBi desktop

Hi Team,

I am unable to load the data in to PowerBI or PowerPivot. I wrote power query and loaded the sample / smaller data in to powerpivot or powerbi and it worked well. The size of that data was not more than 50 mb. Then I added the entire data which is in Excel files in to the folder. The size of the largest folder is 550 mb. THe data is spread in multiple excel files. The largest file is 85 mb. 

After dumping all the data to the folder it seems to go well until the last file and then it stays there. IT doesnt stop responding or doesnt freeze but it stays there as if it is still working. I waited on the same screen for more than an hour. 

I tried the follwoing steps:

1. Loaded the data in PowerPivot to test if there is the problem with the data set or the tool. it didnt even start the data importing (screen is attached)

2. SPlit the data in the last excel file to 8 files. the problem still persists. It goes to the last byte and stays there forever. I tried the same with PowerBI desktop too and its the same. goes to the last byte and then freezes there for ever. Kindly help pls. 

PowerPivot.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
PradipMCT
Resolver II
Resolver II

@v-cgao-msft Please see ifyou can respond to this message.

PradipMCT
Resolver II
Resolver II

This didnt resolve the problem. It still persist. PFB the screenshot of the screen. This is the last file and the last bit which is 46.8 MB. THe actual size of the file is also the same. I am unable to load this data. Please help asap.

PradipMCT_0-1669991913050.png

THis is the screenshot of Powerbi

I am also optn to any alternate solution to this problem. I need to load this data to be able to create reports. 

I am also afraid of that if i somehow resolve this problem then thre is even a larger data set that is pending which is to be added to this report if this still persists then how do i move ahead. 

Kindly provide a long lasting resolution. 

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PradipMCT ,

1. What version of Excel/Desktop are you using and try to update it.

Excel Power Query stuck on loading data

2. Please try disabled Enable Fast Data Load and Enable Background Refresh option.

Excel Power Query Stuck

3. Try to optimize your query.

Speed/Performance aspects

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.