Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unable to connect to Power BI data flow using desktop - Access to the resource is forbidden

Hi,

Running latest desktop version against government power bi.  I remember this working last month when I was testing it but not anymore.  When I 'Get data > Power BI Dataflows' I get "Access to the resource is forbidden".  Anyone have ideas on resolving this?

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Since having this issue, two things have happened - one of them fixed the issue.  

• Left a o365 org I was a guest of, which was causing me problems on iOS, prompting me to apply info senisitivity labels to documents in my personal OneDrive.
  • Password expired this morning - I'm thinking this cleared out some cache in PBI that may have been causing an issue.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Since having this issue, two things have happened - one of them fixed the issue.  

• Left a o365 org I was a guest of, which was causing me problems on iOS, prompting me to apply info senisitivity labels to documents in my personal OneDrive.
  • Password expired this morning - I'm thinking this cleared out some cache in PBI that may have been causing an issue.  
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @samgreene1 ,

for me that sounds like the dataflows are disabled.

You should contact your Power BI Tenant Admin and ask him if dataflows are disabled in the tenant settings.

If your organization wants to allow dataflows they have to enable it for the whole tenant:

selimovd_0-1620755110050.png

Let's hope they didn't decide to disable them. Then you won't have a chance to make it work.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

@seligc thanks for the suggestion.  I am the admin and verified that dataflows are enabled.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.