Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble adding a table to Power BI Desktop file from existing Direct Query dataset

I'm having difficulty adding a new table to my Power BI Desktop file from an existing Direct Query dataset. The model is also separately importing data from Sharepoint lists.

When I select 'Recent Sources', the existing Direct Query dataset does not appear in the list.

surplex_1-1659582616340.png

When I select 'Power BI Dataset' (or 'Get Data' -> 'Power BI Dataset'), it seems to think I'm trying to create a second Direct Query connection and displays the following error:

surplex_0-1659582462963.png

Is there another method I can use to display and select from the available tables from the existing Direct Query dataset please?

Any help greatly appreciated 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again @amitchandak . Turns out my underlying problem actually related to a known credentials issue  - all fixed now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , can you double-check this in direct query mode? There is an option under modelling tab change the mode, if that is enabled, click and check

Anonymous
Not applicable

thansk @amitchandak . It is utilising Direct Query - see screenshot below. 

surplex_0-1659589645334.png

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by your second sentence - can you please explain for me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again @amitchandak . Turns out my underlying problem actually related to a known credentials issue  - all fixed now.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.