Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trend graph with empty space

I have a VIZ that is a 2-line chart, tracking a pair of metrics that move in tandem but the calculations are slightly different.

My dataset has datamarts as of 12/31/18, 12/31/19, 1/31/20 and 2/29/20. A stored procedure will generate data as of the end of every month going forward.  

However, since this is a trend graph, Power BI is showing all of the months between 12/31/18 (my first datamark) and 2/29/20 (last datamark), so there is a bunch of empty space and what looks like a skewed graph. See snapshot showing graph, with arrows indicating the 4 data points that I have in this graph.  

Is there any way to just have it display the 4 datamarks without the "empty" months in a trend graph?

line graph.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

if you change the x-axis from continous to categorical it will only return the 4 values you need if however you need to show all the dates this need to be adreess in a different way mayb by hidding the line and showing only the markers.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

if you change the x-axis from continous to categorical it will only return the 4 values you need if however you need to show all the dates this need to be adreess in a different way mayb by hidding the line and showing only the markers.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Miguel, your suggestion accomplished exactly what I was trying to do.  Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

R u using default date hierarchy to display this chart. You can try creating a Month year column in your date dimension and try

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.