Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

Treemap not filtering by values

Hi 

I have a table like this one, keys and products

keyp1p2p3p4

I would like to see a treemap where each section is the SUM of the column, so for p1 will be 1, for p2 will be 1, for p3 will be 2 and for p4 will be 0. 

I added the columns as values but when selecting any of these sections on the treemap, the rest of the visuals are not being affected by this selection. Not sure what's the issue, is not possible to have this treemap configured like that?  The sums are shown correctly. 

I reviewed the Interactions and are set correctly, also the model is well connected with the required relationships. 

Thanks,

MR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @mario_ruiz 

If I understand you correctly, and you expect that clicking on one of the parts will change something in the graph itself, then this is indeed not possible.
You need to add a slicer with your categories to filter.
You can attach an example if you are trying to accomplish something other.
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

thanks, I really didn't confirm but make sense about the slicer. But the slicer could not be the treemap itself?  

Hi @mario_ruiz 

Treemap can filter other visuals, not himself...

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @mario_ruiz 

If I understand you correctly, and you expect that clicking on one of the parts will change something in the graph itself, then this is indeed not possible.
You need to add a slicer with your categories to filter.
You can attach an example if you are trying to accomplish something other.
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.