Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

31Mathias
Regular Visitor

Transfer data beetween two tables

Hello,

I’m currently working on a project, which is suppost to show the sales results of different products by different categories.

In my first table I have the sales result of July of each article number but this table does not contain the different product categories.

In table 2 all available article numbers and the categories are listed. Column 2 in table 2 contains the article number, column 1 the category.

Right now I’m trying to find a formula which matches the article numbers and adds the category of the product numbers of table 2 in table 1. So for example in table 1 product number 123 is sold 55 times, number 124 40 times. Table 2 contains the information that number 123 is category A and 124 ist category B. These categories should be tranfered to table 1.

I hope you can help me with my issue.

Best regards, Mathias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Example data would be great. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

That being said, you should be able to use a Merge query to merge the records. Otherwise, you could create a new table in DAX using something like NATURALINNERJOIN or SUMMARIZE, or just create a relationship between the tables and not worry about duplicating data.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @31Mathias,

Based on your description, I made an sample here. Actually we can create relationship between Table1 and Table2 and use the RELATED function to add a calculated column.

ca = RELATED(Table2[category])

1.PNGCapture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data or pbix to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md8vso55eef023o/Transfer%20data%20beetween%20two%20tables.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Example data would be great. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

That being said, you should be able to use a Merge query to merge the records. Otherwise, you could create a new table in DAX using something like NATURALINNERJOIN or SUMMARIZE, or just create a relationship between the tables and not worry about duplicating data.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.