Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kala2
Helper III
Helper III

Syncing slicers in Cloud not working

Syncing slicers are working correctly on Desktop but i have issues on slicer synchronization on Cloud. Am i missing something?

Desktop:

kala2_0-1635767505307.png

kala2_1-1635767525961.png

Cloud:

kala2_2-1635767839529.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kala2 

I noticed that you tried to make the sync slicer work on two tiles on the dashboard.

Yes, after my testing, the Sync slicers feature doesn't work accross tiles in a dashboard

vangzhengmsft_1-1635994321784.png

Please note that the sync slicer can work in desktop and service reports, but it cannot work between different tiles on the dashboard.

The different tiles work independently of each other, and it is not possible to interact with the Synchronized Slicer as it is in reports.

The slicer can only interact with other visuals of the same tile, not with visuals of different tiles, which is a design behavior.

Refer:

Dashboard and Sync slicers across multiple pages of your report - not working on the Dashboard

How to filter tiles on a dashboard in power BI service

Global filter in dashboards

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kala2 

I noticed that you tried to make the sync slicer work on two tiles on the dashboard.

Yes, after my testing, the Sync slicers feature doesn't work accross tiles in a dashboard

vangzhengmsft_1-1635994321784.png

Please note that the sync slicer can work in desktop and service reports, but it cannot work between different tiles on the dashboard.

The different tiles work independently of each other, and it is not possible to interact with the Synchronized Slicer as it is in reports.

The slicer can only interact with other visuals of the same tile, not with visuals of different tiles, which is a design behavior.

Refer:

Dashboard and Sync slicers across multiple pages of your report - not working on the Dashboard

How to filter tiles on a dashboard in power BI service

Global filter in dashboards

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kala2 , Please try Clear Cache and Refresh

or

Republish ->

Clear Cache and Refresh

Se if that can help 

@amitchandak Tried Clear Cache (Browser), Clear Cache (Power BI Desktop), Republish. Sync slicers not working

Is there a way to make a sync across multiple pages on a dashboard?

Desktop:

kala2_0-1635767505307.png

kala2_1-1635767525961.png

Cloud:

kala2_2-1635767839529.png

Hi @kala2 

You can sync slicers on a Report across multiple Pages, which I think is what you want. 

On Power BI Desktop go to the View Ribbon, and select Sync Slicers, or in Edit mode on a Report in Service go to "View" and select "Sync Slicers Pane on".

Burningsuit_0-1635782589694.png

That gives a "Sync Slicers" pane that shows the Pages on the Report and whether Slicers affect them, or are visible on them, remember to select a Slicer first to see the sync status.

Burningsuit_1-1635782723671.png

See Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs | Sync Slicers

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.