Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summarize with filter

Hi!

Hope somebody can help me with this.

I've summarized a table from a master table where I have monthly sales by IdPais, IdZonaGestion, and other dimensions. The current code for the summarized table is:

Tabla Devaluación = 
SUMMARIZE(
	'Ventas Mensuales';
	'Ventas Mensuales'[IdPais];
	'Ventas Mensuales'[IdZonaGestion];
	"ML";
	CALCULATE(
		SUM(
			'Ventas Mensuales'[ML]
		);
		ALLEXCEPT(
			'Ventas Mensuales';
			'Ventas Mensuales'[IdPais]
		);
		USERELATIONSHIP(
			'Ventas Mensuales'[Fecha];
			'Período'[Fecha]
		)
	)
)

This works pretty good for me, since the final objective is to have sales by IdPais with its respective IdZonaGestion. So, in this scenario, I would have the same value for each country no matter what IdZonaGestion it has.

The only problem is that using the function ALLEXCEPT also excludes other filters that I would want to keep. I have report filters that I want to keep and I also want it to be dynamic depending on the selection of the period.

How should I change this code to perform as described? Should I use a other function and not ALLEXCEPT?

Here some pics of model and report:

Sin título.pngSin título2.pngSin título3.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description above, I don't think your problem is with using ALLEXCEPT function which excludes other filters. It is that the Calculate table is evaluated during the database processing(like a data refresh) and then stored in the model, and it cannot be affected by user selection or other filters on the report.

In this scenario, I would suggest you to create a measure to calculate "ML", then show the measure on a Table visual with "IdPais", and "IdZonaGestion" column on the report. Smiley Happy

ML =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Ventas Mensuales'[ML] );
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Ventas Mensuales'; 'Ventas Mensuales'[IdPais] );
    USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Ventas Mensuales'[Fecha]; 'Período'[Fecha] )
)

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description above, I don't think your problem is with using ALLEXCEPT function which excludes other filters. It is that the Calculate table is evaluated during the database processing(like a data refresh) and then stored in the model, and it cannot be affected by user selection or other filters on the report.

In this scenario, I would suggest you to create a measure to calculate "ML", then show the measure on a Table visual with "IdPais", and "IdZonaGestion" column on the report. Smiley Happy

ML =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Ventas Mensuales'[ML] );
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Ventas Mensuales'; 'Ventas Mensuales'[IdPais] );
    USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Ventas Mensuales'[Fecha]; 'Período'[Fecha] )
)

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-ljerr-msft. Thanks for your contribution!

Your specific example, helped me to work it out.

Thanks!

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

This is an old but very useful article explaining the difference in usefulness by each of the filter hints

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/marco_russo/archive/2010/04/05/all-allexcept-and-values-in-dax.aspx

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Phil_Seamark, thanks for your reply.

I read the article. Sadly, I have to say that it didn't help me much. I tried what's mentioned in the article but still not getting what I need. I probably need a more detailed help using my specific scenario.

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.