Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rafamaniac
Frequent Visitor

Sum Case when + Inner Join expression

Hello beautiful people. I am new to DAX. Can someone help me convert the following from SQL? i tried to search how to do it, but even though it's nothing special the code itself, i am very confused on how to even start: i Basically want to join some tables and do sum's/Count's .

(select t3.[BK_Date],t2.[BK_Seller],t2.[Supervisor],count(t5.[ID_Call]) as [Call_bys], sum(case when t5.Tipo <> 'External' then 1 else 0 end) as [Call_Tip],
t6.[Available] ,t6.[Available_Time],t6.[Busy_Time],sum(case when t5.[LVL1] = 'Sale' then 1 else 0 end) as Sale, sum(case when t5.[LVL1] = 'Refuse' then 1 else 0 end) as Refuses, t1.Product,sum(t1.Quantity) as Quantity,
sum(case when t5.[LVL1] = 'Callback' then 1 else 0 end) as Callbacks,sum(case when t5.[LVL1] = 'Sale' and t5.[Tipo_Contacto]= 'Callback' then 1 else 0 end) as Sale_Callback from [dbo].[Fact_Tip]
t1 inner join [dbo].[Dim_seller] t2 on t2.[SK_seller] = t1.[FK_seller] inner join [dbo].[Dim_Date] t3 on t3.[BK_Date] = t1.[FK_Date] inner join [dbo].[Dim_Call] t5 on t5.[SK_Call] = t1.FK_Call
inner join [dbo].[Fact_Time] t6 on t6.[FK_seller] = t1. [FK_seller] and t6.FK_Date = t3.[BK_Date] group by
t3.[BK_Date],[BK_seller],[Supervisor],[Available] ,[Available_Time],[Busy_Time],Product)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rafamaniac ,

According to your problem "how to sum multiple columns which are on different tables", I create a sample.

Table1:

vkalyjmsft_0-1669272859317.png

Table2:

vkalyjmsft_1-1669272878994.png

For example we want to sum Sales columns both in Table1 and Table2, simply create a measure:

Measure =
SUM ( 'Table1'[Sales] ) + SUM ( 'Table2'[Sales] )

Result:

vkalyjmsft_2-1669273139296.png

If you need further help, you'd better give a sample and the expected result.

I attach my sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rafamaniac ,

Is your problem solved? If so, would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirment will find the solution quickly and benefit here, thank you!

Best Regards,

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rafamaniac ,

According to your problem "how to sum multiple columns which are on different tables", I create a sample.

Table1:

vkalyjmsft_0-1669272859317.png

Table2:

vkalyjmsft_1-1669272878994.png

For example we want to sum Sales columns both in Table1 and Table2, simply create a measure:

Measure =
SUM ( 'Table1'[Sales] ) + SUM ( 'Table2'[Sales] )

Result:

vkalyjmsft_2-1669273139296.png

If you need further help, you'd better give a sample and the expected result.

I attach my sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rafamaniac
Frequent Visitor

Ok thank you for your answer. but do you know how can i sum multiple columns which are on different tables?

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

DAX works on a semantic/dimensional model. SQL on a relational one. Very different things and there's no direct translation. One has to know both models to be able to do it. Sorry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.