Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer that can override Report level Filter

I would like to override the page level filter using Slicer.

Here is my problem:

I have table with two column (Country, Population).

Country

India : 5000

USA : 700

China : 6000 

Germany: 2000

Visual: Total traffic: 13,700 (card view)

13,700 ( I want to remove the poulation of USA) from this number and any other visuals that are on the page.

So I applied page level filter to not show the traffic of USA in total traffic.

Slicer 1: I have a slicer drop down for country (Applied visual level filter that will exclude USA from this slicer).

Slicer 2: I have copied the country slicer and pasted and applied visual lelvel filter so now this slicer only shows USA.

What i want is When I select any item from Slicer 2. it will Increase data to my visaul(s) but if that item is not selected (or deselecte) it will Decrease data from my visual(s). Is this possible?

Attached please see screenshot below and here is my powerbi sample file

Slicer Override Page level filter.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

One Way you could do that is to create a Bridge Table which would have all the Distinct Values in the Column and Link it with the Current Table. So the Relationship would be Single Directional flowing from Distinct_Countries[Countries]->CurrentTable[Countries] and then use the Bridge Table in the place of Filter.

The Second way is to remove the Page Level filter and make it a Visual Level Filter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pushp_Dalvi
Frequent Visitor

Here is one more method to overide the filters. Go through the concept explained in this article and apply in your scenario. It worked for me. 

https://towardsdatascience.com/override-date-filter-in-power-bi-743b9e8b9b2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

One Way you could do that is to create a Bridge Table which would have all the Distinct Values in the Column and Link it with the Current Table. So the Relationship would be Single Directional flowing from Distinct_Countries[Countries]->CurrentTable[Countries] and then use the Bridge Table in the place of Filter.

The Second way is to remove the Page Level filter and make it a Visual Level Filter.

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not very clear of your requirement.  However if you remove the Report Filter and use visual level filter for the tables and slicers, you may be able to achieve your result.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.