Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

--ak--
Regular Visitor

SharePoint Workflow Reporting

Hello,

Could i get some help 

I've imported data from a SharePoint list which incorporates a workflow. I am trying to create a report where i can monitor the status of items within the list. Several fields i want to show are showing as ID's...please see image below.. So instead of showing the actual values in the sharepoint list Power BI is showing numbers...how can i get it to display the actual value?

ak_0-1650978761133.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
--ak--
Regular Visitor

thank you for the response!

the source data is a sharepoint list... the actual value is the current workflow status which has many values depending on the item status such as "manager approved, booking approved, booking declined" etc

i had a similar issue when trying to see which manager approved each list item but this solved by pulling the site o-data and linking tables

@--ak-- 

vjaneygmsft_0-1651214624583.png

What I am asking is the data of the first step when importing data, whether it is displayed correctly? Can you show me a screenshot?

hello,

here is a screenshot..i've had to redact some sensitive information but i am after the booking table, shown below

ak_0-1651215586265.png

@--ak--  Which column is the one you described first? id?

no so that is showing all the tables in the sharepoint site...when i go into the booking table the column i shows a mixture of null values and numbers(15,16,17,18 etc)- these represent the workflow status but im not sure how to change the numbers into "manager approved, manager declined" etc

ak_0-1651216635790.png

Hi, @--ak-- 

For the information you have provided now, all I can say is that if you can't modify the wrong data before you get it, then it can't be recovered. 

If the mixture of null values and numbers(15,16,17,18 etc) corresponds to the original data form, then you can modify it by customizing the column.

Like this:

PQ:

if [column]= 15,"manager approved",else if [column]=16,"manager declined", else if ...else ...

DAX:

if ([column]= 15,"manager approved", if ([column]=16,"manager declined", if(...)))

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thank you- i'll give this a go!

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @--ak-- 

What's the source data you obtained in the power query? And what's the actual value?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.