Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set a conditional flag

Hello!

I have a table where I have data on vehicle positions (vehicle id, time of sending their last position, longitude and latitude). I need to set up an active/inactive indicator (calculated column) to see if the vehicle has moved since the last position. The condition is that if there is a change (+/-) in latitude and/or longitude, the vehicle is defined as having been active, otherwise it is considered inactive. How can I write the condition ?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

I mean use the given dax formula to create a calculated column in your table.Is that what you are doing?

Home-->New column-->Paste the code there

The error is because you are using it as a measure.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Anonymous ,

How does your sample data look like?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a sample of my data @PC2790 

In this sample, the vehicles moved each time, so they are considered active.

But let’s imagine that the first line is duplicated with a different schedule, (the 04/07/2022 at 07:05:00 with the same longitude and latitude for example), the vehicle should therefore be marked as inactive for this newline

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Anonymous ,

Is this what you are looking for?

PC2790_0-1657884357259.png

Active/Inactive = 
var previousval = Calculate(Max(VehicleTb[PositionTimestamp]),Filter(VehicleTb,VehicleTb[PositionTimestamp]<Earlier(VehicleTb[PositionTimestamp])),ALLEXCEPT(VehicleTb,VehicleTb[Vehicle ID]))
var previouslong = CALCULATE(Max(VehicleTb[Long]),VehicleTb[PositionTimestamp] = previousval)
var previouslat = CALCULATE(Max(VehicleTb[Lat]),VehicleTb[PositionTimestamp] = previousval)
return
//previousval
if(VehicleTb[Long] = value(previouslong) && VehicleTb[Lat] = value(previouslat),"InActive","Active")
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems perfect.

However, I don’t understand why certain fields are greyed out and not taken into account. Can you help me debug the formula @PC2790 ?

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

This has to be a calculated column. Are you using the DAX in a calculated column?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, these are not calculated columns,
The different fields work very well in the formula as you can see for positionTimestamp and the same for lontitude and longitude...

I don't unterstand the problem...

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

I mean use the given dax formula to create a calculated column in your table.Is that what you are doing?

Home-->New column-->Paste the code there

The error is because you are using it as a measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.