Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSL connection error while connecting to Azure Databricks (wrong version number)

Hi all

I am trying to use Power BI with data from Azure Databricks. Therefore I installed an ODBC driver for Databricks.

The first step of getting data using the Azure Databricks connector in Power BI ("Get Data") works well. However, when I transform data from the selected Azure DB tables I receive the following error message about a wrong SSL version number:

KLKWE_0-1666963580846.png

This error message occurs when I filter or remove columns in the power query editor or at the latest when I click on Close & Apply.

Can anybody help me out with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution: updating to the newest ODBC driver solved the problem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution: updating to the newest ODBC driver solved the problem

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Any reason you are not using Azure Databricks connecter of power bi?

Create Azure DataBricks Account and Analyze with Power BI- https://youtu.be/AWTDEQCoOVw

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandakThanks for your answer! I acutally use the Databricks connector in Power BI (as seen in your video). My error occurs when I transform data in the power query editor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.