Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nanma94
Helper III
Helper III

Table/Matrix field formatting doesnt have auto

I use matrix visual in my report. When I show to president, I want the $ values to show in millions while when I show the same report to a sales rep, the $ value in thousands makes the most sense. However, I find both table and matrix format options dont have AUTO as part of the field format display units. This makes me creating multiple versions of Power BI file just to address different levels of reporting needs. 

Do I have any other better options?

Capture.PNG

Thank you!

NM

4 REPLIES 4
tamnm1601
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello,

This topic was in 2018 and I got the same issue. I'm wondering why MS haven't put it into action at all.

The 'Auto' number formating should be the very basic feature in table and matrix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi nanma94,
PBI wouldn't know if you'll show your report to president or not.
Solution is to use a disconnected table and to create a measure to achieve your necessity.

See next images with my proposal.
Tell us if work for you.

Disconnected tablesDisconnected tables

Dashboard no selected measureDashboard no selected measure

President measure selectedPresident measure selected

Thank you for marking it up @Anonymous ! It gives me some great ideas.

My report has row level security so I do check who loggs in. Maybe I can determine from their security role whether to show in million or thousands. 

I am just wondering why table/matrix doesnt give this auto option as its available for card. 

NM

Hi @nanma94,

You could submit your idea in Power BI ideas Forum.

For your scenario, I will suggest your could create a measure to show the value with millions or thousands dynamically when filter who logs in.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.