Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row level security

Hi, I have implemented RLS and published the report in workspace and went to datasets in the workspace an the clicked security and added the list of email id's which can view the report and clicked save option but when the shared person login in his account he could see the whole data instead of his one. my doubt is i am usin a free trail version whether only premium users can create and view RLS ?? Please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think the user is a member of your workspace. If users have access to edit content in the workspace, RLS can't restrict them. The document: Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI  has specific instructions:

Be aware that in the Power BI service, members of a workspace have access to datasets in the workspace. RLS doesn't restrict this data access.

The relative role in workspace are admin, member and contributor. You could change his role to viewer. Then he will just view the data what you set.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Please refer the below links.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-rls

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried by creating a new work space and having me as admin and the rest as members and then published the power bi report and secured the data sets but when the person whom i had mentioned to view the data, he can able to to view all the datas

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think the user is a member of your workspace. If users have access to edit content in the workspace, RLS can't restrict them. The document: Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI  has specific instructions:

Be aware that in the Power BI service, members of a workspace have access to datasets in the workspace. RLS doesn't restrict this data access.

The relative role in workspace are admin, member and contributor. You could change his role to viewer. Then he will just view the data what you set.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.