Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

learner03
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Replace "Blank" with 0 on card visual

I have these below measures in card visuals. When there is nothing then is shows BLANK, I need 0 instead of BLANK-

1) 

Current Closed Orders = var test=VALUE(FORMAT(NOW()+((1/24)*10),"D/MM/YYYY"))
Return
CALCULATE (
COUNT( 'Packing Jobs'[JobID] ),
FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test )
)

2) 
Closed in < 48 Hrs = var test=VALUE(FORMAT(NOW()+((1/24)*10),"D/MM/YYYY"))
Return
CALCULATE (
COUNTAX('Packing Jobs',if('Packing Jobs'[Time_Taken(Hrs.)] <= 48, COUNT('Packing Jobs'[JobID]))),
)
3)
Current % 48 Hrs = var test=VALUE(FORMAT(NOW()+((1/24)*10),"D/MM/YYYY"))
Return
CALCULATE (
COUNTAX('Packing Jobs',if('Packing Jobs'[Time_Taken(Hrs.)] <= 48, COUNT('Packing Jobs'[JobID]))),
)/
CALCULATE (
)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @learner03 ,

You may add +0 at the end of your formula.

This may give you the desired results.

Cheers!

Vivek

View solution in original post

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @learner03,

One of the ways I like to get around this is by using an IF ( ISBLANK ( .... ) , 0 , ( .... ) ) or IF ( (....) = 0 , 0 , ....  For example:

IF ( 

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) = 0 , 0 ,

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) )

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @learner03,

One of the ways I like to get around this is by using an IF ( ISBLANK ( .... ) , 0 , ( .... ) ) or IF ( (....) = 0 , 0 , ....  For example:

IF ( 

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) = 0 , 0 ,

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) )

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

@learner03 here is a great article from Radacad on this: https://radacad.com/replace-blank-with-zero-in-power-bi-visuals-such-as-card

@TheoC Thanks a lot

vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @learner03 ,

You may add +0 at the end of your formula.

This may give you the desired results.

Cheers!

Vivek

Instated of 0 I need to display the "?" mark. Can you assist for this

@SriLakshmi_46 you can add instead of using IF ( .... = 0 , 0 , .....) you will need to swap the middle 0 with IF ( .... = 0 , "?" , .... ).   However, you can only do this where the column itself is text based and not a Whole Number or Decimal.  Reasonbeing, Text (i.e. "?") is not a numeral and cannot be used in value-based measures, etc.  Hope that makes sense?

Theo 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.