Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dpombal
Post Patron
Post Patron

R Visual Rcpp package error

Hi, all

I was using several custom visuals using R using R 3.4.2 however after upgrading to latest R 3.5.1 I find both custom  R visuals and basic Object visuals using R start failing (even after upgrading packages to R 3.5.1 compatibility)

1st Error on R Visual

R Code

library(ggplot2)
t<-ggplot(dataset, aes(ID, Promedio)) + geom_point(aes(color=factor(Year))) + facet_wrap(~Year)
#Cambiando los colores
t + scale_color_manual(values=c("red","black","green"))

Error trace 1

Error Message: Error in R script .
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'ggplot2':
 package 'Rcpp' was installed by an R version with different internals; it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version
Ejecución interrumpida

Most annoying part is that previous code works in RStudio!! I have Powerbi--Z Options-->R pointing to my R version 3.5.1

RCPP1.PNG

Same code in R Studio works OK, without errors

RCPP2.PNGsRCPP3.PNG

ñ

RCPP.PNG

g

2º nd Error on Forecasting ARIMA R Visual

Error Trace

Error Message:
Error del script R.
Loading required package: XML
Loading required package: htmlwidgets
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'htmlwidgets':
 package 'Rcpp' was installed by an R version with different internals; it needs to be reinstalled for use with this R version
Warning message:
In libraryRequireInstall("htmlwidgets") :
  *** The package: 'htmlwidgets' was not installed ***
Loading required package: scales
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'scales':
Warning message:
In libraryRequireInstall("scales") :
  *** The package: 'scales' was not installed ***
Loading required package: forecast
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'forecast':

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I had yesterday the same problem. Only reinstalling (or even go back to older versions) did not help.

Only after I deleted the libraries in "<user>/documents/R" and in "<user>/library"  and reinstalled R and installed the packages I needed, the problem was solved.

I think mixed package versions in <user>/library did give the problem for me. I did not know that packages were also in that directory. Only uninstall R en delete "<user>/documents/R" was not enough.

The newest version of PowerBi and R (3.5.1) are now working for me.

View solution in original post

my problem....old versions installed here "<user>/library"  ...and newer ones  "<user>/documents/R". Deleting  "<user>/library" work!! **bleep**ing libraries...only 6 where the problem...I updated libraries several times... "<user>/documents/R"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpombal,

According to your error message, it normally appears when loading failed for some R packages.
In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you copy these package name and reinstall in R studio.(please confirm install success and update all packages to last version)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I reinstall libraries and keeps on failing could anyone test this on new R 3.5.1 and check if Rcpp is compatible?

I had yesterday the same problem. Only reinstalling (or even go back to older versions) did not help.

Only after I deleted the libraries in "<user>/documents/R" and in "<user>/library"  and reinstalled R and installed the packages I needed, the problem was solved.

I think mixed package versions in <user>/library did give the problem for me. I did not know that packages were also in that directory. Only uninstall R en delete "<user>/documents/R" was not enough.

The newest version of PowerBi and R (3.5.1) are now working for me.

Thank you. Your solution worked after I also uninstalled RTools from C:\Rtools and reinstalled.

Great Man, cvhaven!

A Very Big Human Gratitude for this hint to you!

I lost a full manday due to updating PowerBI Desktop yesterday. It then required me to update R from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1, then R packages, then to solve emerged issues with R charts, but still not being able to get my dashboard to work...

It came at the worst possible time without any possibility to roll back. I was absolutely desperate until I saw your post. Your solution worked.

As a result of this incident I believe PowerBI should change their Desktop update policy from replacing an earlier version to keeping both versions until the user is able to fully test it.  (i.e. implementing a TEST + PROD environment)

Final note: the same dashboard published in PowerBI Service was not affected at all. Does it imply that PowerBI Service still uses R 3.5.0, and therefore issues there are yet to be expected?

my problem....old versions installed here "<user>/library"  ...and newer ones  "<user>/documents/R". Deleting  "<user>/library" work!! **bleep**ing libraries...only 6 where the problem...I updated libraries several times... "<user>/documents/R"

HI @dpombal,

Actually, you need to refer to error message to add libraries to R script until finish add all requests libraries and packs.(I fix one similar missing package issues by this method)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I am not understanding you, how can I fix this...if all libraries are installed an in Rstudio works ok...

thanks in advance

Rcpp also fails with PBIVIZ custom visuals...like timeseries forecasting, and charts i cannot modify

HI @dpombal,

I mean you can install bold part package (display in error message) on r studio side to fix failed loading issue.(install until no similar error message appears)

Error: package or namespace load failed for 'xxxxxx':

In addition, custom visual failed means request packages failed to load(missing or not compatibility).

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.