Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NaeemShahzad123

Query Editor Source File

When i send power bi file via email to some other person. Once he opens the file and click query editor, there he faces issues related to source location. To resolve the issue, he needs to change source location according to his own file location.

Any smart solution to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MohammadLoran25
Super User
Super User

Hi @NaeemShahzad123 ,

Creating a shared drive could solve your problem. Or Same Directory like a specific folder name in drive C etc.

Btw, why you don't publish your report on Power BI Service or report server and then share it through that?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NaeemShahzad123

actually i am sharing with my firend and he has to work on it further. I don't Power BI service account.

MohammadLoran25
Super User
Super User

Hi @NaeemShahzad123 ,

Creating a shared drive could solve your problem. Or Same Directory like a specific folder name in drive C etc.

Btw, why you don't publish your report on Power BI Service or report server and then share it through that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.