Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Enrico501
Frequent Visitor

Week on Week Variance by Number and Percentage

Hi How do I calculate the Variance as a percentage and number wise Week on Week and Show the result in the format below? 

Enrico501_0-1680532682463.png

This is a Matrix Visual  using Country as Rows, Fiscal Weeks as Columns for a total volume of Items as the values

The result I am after is 

Canada -501 for between weeks 3 & 4 

Canada -23.44% for between week 3  & 4 etc, etc.

An help on how to caculate this as a measure or extra column will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

what should happen in week 1?

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Hi, 

I can't go back to week 1 because this is a data feed that only goes back a certain period. 

However, visual is a Matrix and the Visuals with the variance in that I and trying to create are also Matrix visual but with Variance between the weeks by Num or by % changes up or down re the example in the orginal request. 

Kind Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.