Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

_chris_
Helper II
Helper II

Problems with RLS behaviour

Hi,

I have three tables:

1. Costcenters

2. Staff

3. RightsStaffCostcenters

I have two relations:

RightsStaffCostcenters has an m:n relation to Costcenters (one staff/manager can have the rights the see the employee data of multiple costcenters)

Costcenters has 1:n relation to Staff (1 employee is assigned to 1 costcenter but one costcenter can have multiple employees)

Let´s say, one manager has the rights to see the staff data of two costcenters.

When create a manual filter in the filter pane for the RightsStaffCostcenters table to the StaffId of the manger, my staff visual show all employees of the these two costcenters.

Now, I do not want to filter manually but using RLS. Now, when the manager logs in he sees only the employee data of one costcenter.

[StaffId]=LOOKUPVALUE(Staff[StaffId], Staff[EMail], CONCATENATE(LEFT(USERPRINCIPALNAME(), FIND("@", USERPRINCIPALNAME())), "xxx.de")) 

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks and merry christmas to everyone

BR Christian

3 REPLIES 3
_chris_
Helper II
Helper II

@negi007 Thanks a lot for your offer to help! That is what I was initially hoping for 🙂 However, as I want to learn things by myself, let me please first go through the article sent by and try it by myself as this seems to cover my issues @amitchandak .

I will come back to you.

Thx Christian

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@_chris_ will it be possible for you to share sample data for these tables. will then assist you accordingly. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.