Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sabarikarthy
Regular Visitor

Powerbi rest api

I need a clarification in connecting power bi rest API to power bi desktop.

I am able to retrieve the data via power automate flows and checking I could create a report to visualise.

I have achieved this is power automate by registering an azure ad application and with the help of client secret I am generating a token by which am authenticating rest api.

When I try the same in power bi, not sure what details I need to enter in the API Key section. 

Please help me with the overall flow that I need to follow to get the rest API data to powerbi

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sabarikarthy ,

You can open the Power BI desktop, click on the “Get Data” button and select the “Web” option as shown in the below screenshot:

vjunyantmsft_0-1700803820914.png

And here you can enter the URL of API which returns the data you want to fetch.
For specific steps on connecting and authenticating, you can refer to the answers in this thread:
Solved: Connecting Power BI with API - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response.

Actually I am using the rest API to get the list of workspace. I have my client secret and the bearer token.

While authenticating, not sure what I should enter as an api key.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.