Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rpatil
Helper I
Helper I

Powerbi desktop connecting to azure synapse error

hi,

I cannot connect to azure synapse. I was previously using Powerbi report server and i was able t connecto synapse but when i switched to powerbi desktop it is giving me invalid token error

rpatil_0-1672834271345.png

5 REPLIES 5
sandeephijam
Helper I
Helper I

As per the error screen it seems you are not sign-in to the azure synapse account. 

Please chech if you still have the access to azure synapse environment

Refer : Quickstart: Linking a Power BI workspace to a Synapse workspace - Azure Synapse Analytics | Microsof...

hi @sandeephijam,

when i try to sign in it gives the error that my token is invalid as per the screenshot

please see if you still have the access on Synapese environment first from the azure portal. If you see the same problem on azure then your access to the datasource is revoke by the admin. I this case you ask admin to give you the access again

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @rpatil ,

Please check if the token your used has expired or been revoked by admin. 

vyangliumsft_0-1672882884200.png

Connect to Salesforce with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

This is the related document, you can view this content:

The service returned an invalid | Salesforce Trailblazer Community

Error When Connecting to Sharepoint: The service r... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Excel Power Query can no longer connect to Salesforce (invalid - Microsoft Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yangliu-msft,

Thank you for the reply, but my data source is Azure synapse and i cant find anythign related to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.