Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KaliLee

PowerBI data not refreshing

I'm having issues with getting the data that is brought in via an API to update properly.

In the Power Query Editor,  if I click 'Refresh' it shows like it is refreshing, but the data remains the same.

I have found that the only way for the data to update is to select the dropdown arrow on a random column and select sort ascending/descending, and then the data begins to update correctly.

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
KaliLee

Right.... so the same issue is happening when the Power Query Editor part is updated, but the report does not update. It's strange because nothing seems to be in sync.

KaliLee

Hello,

What do you recommend doing to fix this issue?

Many thanks,
KaliLee

Are you staying in the query editor? Or have you hit Close & Load? If you've loaded the data and it is not changing, please go to the Advanced Editor in the query editor and share the M code here.

Pat

Microsoft Employee
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @KaliLee ,

Power query only shows top 1000 rows, its like a sample of your data, so if it is as you say that when you're sorting you're seeing the updated data then the data is updated and you could see it all when you import it to power bi.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.