Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AnthonyEdmed
Frequent Visitor

Power Query Salesforce Refresh

Hi

I have a query that readily pulls data from Salesforce Task object directly into Excel 2010 via Power Query.

I need to schedule this to run after midnight and retrieve a previous day's data, which I have attempted in Excel, Data,  Connections, Properties, Refresh every x minutes.

This runs perfectly if I refresh every 10 minutes (overkill for a file that only needs to refresh daily!), but anything over 15 minute interval fails, returning a 'User not authorised' error, which I presume is a result of Saleforce disconnecting me due to inactivity. I have selected 'Remember me'  in my PQ login.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AnthonyEdmed

I suggest you add timeout in your underlying M query. Go to Advanced Editor, and "[Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0)]" in your query string. Please refer to links below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Query-Timeout-on-update/td-p/53459

https://www.pbiug.com/pbiug/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=133&MID=1468&...

Regards,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately this doesn't appear to work with Salesforce objects:

PQ SF timeout error.PNG

Just for clarity, my query isn't timing out due to the time taken to pull back data from Salesforce (that works quickly) - it's the refresh that causes the issue. Not sure whether this timeout statement would resolve that?

Did you resolve this - I have exactly the same issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.